National School of Character
Check Out What Orrs is All About!
At Orrs, we believe it is important for you to know where we are going and what we stand for. For a complete view of our mission statement, vision statement, and values be sure to visit the link to your left, "Orrs Information." Under this tab you will find all sorts of information about us as a school.
In the meantime, take a look at our short term goals:
New Web Site
This site is no longer active. Please visit our new Web site by clicking here or typing in the following URL:
Parents/Guardians, Please sign and return the Family School Compact Cover Letter. You may keep the compact. Thank you!
School Improvement Plan
Click on the attachment below to see a copy of our School Improvement Plan.
Orrs Vision Statement
We dare to be better and to become the leader in student achievement and character development.
Griffin-Spalding County Schools Vision Statement
We will be a leader in the State in student achievement.
Orrs Mission Statement
Learners today make leaders tomorrow through: Opportunities, Responsibility, Respect and Success.
Griffin-Spalding County Schools Mission Statement
To prepare each student for tomorrow by providing a quality, character, and standards-based education today.
· Common planning minimum of 2 days a week in conference room
· Setting grade level goals
· Identifying high impact students
· Using data to drive instruction
· Blackboard Configuration
· Posting standards and commentary related to standard
· Cognitively guided math instruction
· Increased instructional time in reading and math
· Teaching math in computer lab
· Specials supporting instruction of mathematics
· Specials – supporting instruction of standards
· Science/Math lab
· Character Education with emphasis on six pillars of character
· 3 positive phone calls per week
· CRCT Coach Books – will be adding science and social studies this year
· Including guided reading and D.I., higher order thinking skills in lessons
· Study Island grades K-5
· Mini-laptops placed in classrooms- Goal to have at least 4 per classroom
· Use of STEEP data to plan specialized instruction
· RTI time in daily schedules
· Writing everyday in all content areas
· CUB RUN
· Additional 20 minute Math Instruction
· Thinking Maps and Write From the Start writing program
· Read 180 for 5th grade identified students
· ALEXSfor 4th and 5th grade identified students
· Book Study – John Maxwell and Stephen Peters
Renaissance Home Connect
Renaissance Home Connect improves the school-to-home connection by allowing parents and students to log in to a Web site and view the student’s reading and math practice and progress towards goals. Access to online results promotes discussion between parents and students, which motivates students and can make reading and math
Click here to access the Web site.
Breakfast and Lunch Menu
Staff Member of the Month
Congratulations to Mrs. Cummins, our Staff Member of the Month. We appreciate you!
Date: November 21, 2013
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Presented By: Paula Sanders, Counselor
Topic: Child Development Issues Relevant to Age & How They Relate to Your Child's Academics
Thank You, Lowe's
Sawanna Domineck, Griffin Lowe's Assistant Store Manager, and an Orrs parent, lead a Lowe's Hero project at our school. Sawanna, and her Lowe's Hero team of store employees, wanted to make our courtyard a place where our students could read outside, have class outside, etc. Using over $2,400 worth of donated plants and flowers the Lowe's Hero team completed this project on September 17. Thank you, Mrs. Domineck and your team of hard workers, for a job well done. We appreciate Lowe's and their contribution to our school.
(Fathers Being Involved)
We want to extend a huge thank you to all of our fathers, grandfathers, and male role models who took time out of their busy schedule to come and read to our students.
Cubs of the Month
Congratulations to these students for being selected as the Cub of the Month for their class.